If I had my time again I would have decided to paint the Betrayal At Calth miniatures in the ‘correct’ Legion colourschemes. There are a number of reasons for this.
- Historical exactness. ‘Historical’ ‘exactness’.
- I have become more interested in the history and motivations of Lorgar and the Word Bearers since reading about them in one of the big expensive Horus Heresy rulebooks.
- The Ultramarines aren’t really as loathsome as all that, just a bit over-done.
- Imperial Fists and Death Guard might eventually get their own games and then what will I do? I should have been more patient.
- Imperial Fists and Death Guard are really hard to paint and I’m just not good enough at painting to have done anything better than an ok job.
Still, I have one plastic Captain left to paint and then Betrayal At Calth will be complete. If only I can remember what I did with him…