Now this was a fun project! The list in Freebooterz is for a Mek, a Dok, and a Dread. I added another Dread (because I had 2), and seeing as i wanted to use the Bionik Dok mini I took a 3 rolls on the bionik bitz chart, rolling telescopic legs, stainless steel teef, and an extra set of bionik arms with a kustom melta. For the Dreads I rolled to see how many modifications they got. I ended up with the first having an extra autocannon, kustom force field and speakers. The second though, whew! I ended up with a kustom d-cannon, squig-injection, extra autocannon, speakers, kustom ff, and a scorcher turret… In the end I couldn’t fit the speakers on it, but I think i’ve got the rest right. The red one is Da Nipper, and the yellow one is called Hot Lips. Enjoy!
Working my way through the Burning of Prospero miniatures, amongst all the other things! The Sisters were fun to paint, and in general satisfied my feminist inclinations. That is: they’re dressed, and fairly realistic in proportion. It’s nice to have some women in WH40K. Now we need some female Imperial Guard, and a rebooted Sisters of Battle, perhaps some female Scitarii and Chaos Cultists, that sort of thing. Miniatures that are just women, that woman-ness is not one of their personality traits, if that makes sense. I think that the photos don’t look as good as the minis themselves. My paintjob isn’t great, but they look pretty good on the shelves but not so great in the pics.
Geigor is the first Space Wolf I’ve painted since the early 90s. I followed the Warhammer TV method for painting Space Wolves, which was very close to the method I use to paint my Steel Guard. Whilst that made it easier, it wasn’t much of a leap in style or technique, and I think I would have liked a try at the baby-blue early 90s Space Wolves. That’s one for another day!
I’m sure that I can’t be the only one who has piles upon piles of miniatures waiting to be painted. A big box of sprues sits here, overflowing with untouched plastic miniatures waiting to be built and painted so that I can use them as they were intended, with boxed games. Battle Masters, Warhammer 4th ed, Advanced Space Crusade, Space Hulk, Assassination Force Super Team (or whatever it was called), Deathwatch Overkill, Betrayal At Calth, and Burning Of Prospero are all unfinished. So! I will be concentrating on painting these minis from now on. I promise!
These are lovely miniatures, though what they have in detail they lack in the charm of the older hand-sculpted minis. In many ways they were a pleasure to paint, though sticking to the ‘official’ paint scheme was quite troublesome – I find black hard to paint. Still, I think they have turned out well.
Pulling a plastic push-fit Warhammer Orc out of the leadpile, I thought to myself “gosh, what am I going to do with this then?”. I considered a few ideas… perhaps I could put together a Warhammer regiment. Maybe I could use an arm with a gun instead of an arm with a sword and have it as a feral-looking boy in a boyz mob. But I wanted to do another Freebooterz unit. Wait a minute! Is that a bit of my brain trying to alert me to something… I checked the book, riffled through the pages, there it is! Wild Ork Outlawz, discovered by Freebooterz instead of proper Orks, who learn Kultur from them and are forever ruined for the Clans… There were no proper figures for Wild Orkz, you were probably supposed to use Warhammer miniatures, with minor conversions. So that is what I did. Not a lot of Oldhammer goodness here, but Oldhammer in spirit. Enjoy!
Just going to drop this in here. I bought this chap from someone on the Oldhammer fb group. He’d done the build, including the base, but never got round to painting it up. “Yoink” said I. Then I left it on a shelf with dozens of other unstarted projects… so many unstarted projects. Don’t even mention my Halfling Army…. and so many sprues waiting to be built….
but anyway, I finally got around to painting this one, my first Warlord titan since the early 90s. It’s a fairly simple paintjob, I wasn’t going for anything complicated first time round. I’m moderately pleased with the outcome, but the important thing is that I enjoyed painting it :d
So this is my latest piece of terrain. I’ve been working on it for quite some time, put it down, broke bits off, left it for a while, came back to it. The usual. My experience of model-making is limited, so this is part of the learning curve. My earlier buildings were quite basic, and I wanted to make something that looked a bit more like I’d given it some effort. I learned a fair bit on this. Firstly, that attaching heavy plastic bits to a light polystyrene base won’t last long. Secondly, I learned a fair bit about basing. You can, I am sure, see from the photos that I changed direction very early into adding sand and static grass to the base. Still, the next one will be better, and meanwhile this looks like the sort of place Rogue Traders hang out in. Hope you like it.